Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Mmmmm...Peach Rhubarb Jam

So, I bought 2 boxes of Colorado peaches recently!  YUMMY!!  I could easily just eat them fresh, but part of the fun is extending their goodness through the cold of fall & winter!  I have been looking for things to use them in.  I will be freezing some & also dehydrating some for snacking!  But I thought..hmm...jam sounds yummy!  Then I remembered I still had some rhubarb in the freezer from earlier this summer!  I wondered what the combo would taste like. So I asked my friend google...and it seems like many people pair the two off season fruits together.  So I decided to try it!

I used this basic Peach Jam recipe from Martha
http://www.marthastewart.com/345551/peach-jam?czone=food/produce-guide-cnt/summer-produce-recipes&backto=true&backtourl=/photogallery/peach-recipes#slide_3

Then I modified it just slightly to add the rhubarb.  I adjusted the amount of peaches to include the rhubarb.  I didn't take into consideration that the rhubarb was frozen & therefor a little more watery as I used it, so the jam did not thicken as quickly.  But all in all, it was fun & it tasted yummy on my toast today!  I made 3 jars & also have a little dish in the fridge!

Chopped peaches added to food processor!
Blend them up!...So pretty!

Cooking everything together! YUM!


Pretty easy & very tasty!  Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment