1) When trying to serve my husband, I should stick to what I know well & am good at. I HATE MOWING THE LAWN!!!!! Next time I feel like I should 'help him out, cuz he's busy", I will absolutely just bake him something to show my appreciation!
Things I learned while mowing the lawn!
- Do Not wear flip flops! No worries....no one got inured...just GREEN!
- Do Not wear shorts! Again...no injuries, just GREEN!
- The mower gets clogged easily when our grass is wet.
- It hard to keep the mower started when it is clogged.
- If an acrylic nail bursts off while trying to start the mower, it hurts & that should have been my first clue to stop trying to mow the lawn!
- When there is so much grass that I need to prop open the back flap, I need to later re-mow it with the flap closed. (Sorry, Mike I was really trying to be helpful!)
- The mower is easier to push when I remember to hold the handle that engages the self-propelling part!
- Wet grass is slippery...esp in flip flops, trying to push a mower without holding the handle for self propel!
2) I learned that my boys will spend ALOT of time in the new sandbox this summer! And probably for many years to come!
Things I learned about the sandbox!
- I will need to have an outdoor bathing option, or my house will become the sandbox!
- Boys & Girls are WAY different! Whether you are 1, 2, or 31! I would fill the bucket & try to make a super cool castle & everytime the boys would smash it as soon as the bucket was removed to expose the super coolness that I had just made! Then Lincoln would fill the bucket & I would help him turn it upside down & he would remove the bucket & tell me "Momma! Smash it!"
3) Two year olds will say exactly what they are thinking! You never have to wonder! Examples....
- Lincoln burst into my room & I asked "what are you doing?" he replied "Momma! I'm looking at you!"
- At the store when I was explaining to Lincoln that if he was good & listened to me then we could go get ice cream when we were done, he said "but Momma, I don't wanna listen!
All kidding aside! I LOVE my boys so much! Yesterday during lunch we had already prayed but Justice folds his hands & says "EEE-sus" So we proceed to talk to Jesus again! Lincoln joins in! "Thank you Jesus for my Momma! AMEN!" AWE....my heart melts! Well...he kept doing it...adding Daddy, Justice & Lincoln, but I'm guess about a dozen times yesterday I heard my sweetie say Thank you to Jesus for his Momma! THAT'S ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEST SOUND EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh yeah! I was also very productive today!
- I deep cleaned the boys bathroom! Doesn't happen very often (don't judge...my boys are 1 & 2.5...I'm quite busy) It does get surface cleaned semi-regularly! But today I cleaned out under the sink, toilets, floors, sink, counter, tub, washed the tub toys, washed the no slip bath mat! So, if you wanna see it clean I suggest you come see me tonight, tomorrow or Sunday, after that I'm not making any promises!
- I made a valance for Lincoln's room out of the pillow shams that came with his comforter set! I then took down the rod in Justice's room & moved it into Lincoln's room & hung his new valance. Then I found another rod to put Justice's curtain on (temporarily)! All of this before nap time! Once I took down the curtain in J's room, I had to finish the project so they could have dark rooms to nap in!
- I MOWED THE BACK YARD! Yep, just the back yard, but I did trim the weeds too!
- I took a shower! Again...don't judge! It's a pretty big deal to get a shower some days! Today though, being that my legs & feet were GREEN...it was a necessity!
- I went to the store & then got ice cream with my boys!
- Went to the Rock for the concert for a little while!
- AND I WROTE A NEW POST FOR MY BLOG!!!!!
It's been a great day!