Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Date to the 'Mountain'

Since we moved here, Lincoln has been obsessed with the 'MOUNTAIN' (Scotts Bluff National Monument).  He has been wanting to go there so badly. One evening, the boys & I drove out past there & then he got really excited, because he could see the tunnels.  The next night as we were leaving church, he told Mike that he wanted to go on a date to the mountain!  A picnic date!!  So, Mike told him that on Wednesday, we would go!  He was so excited!  Tuesday night, I asked him what kind of food we should take on our picnic date to the mountain.  We decided on: meat, cheese, & crackers, strawberries, cookies with chocolate candy in them, and root beer!  So much FUN!

On Wednesday, I told Lincoln that it was time to get our clothes & shoes on so we could go to the mountain & his response was, "Is it WEDNESDAY?!?!" So, off we went... all four FIVE of us!

We had a blast!  The boys loved climbing & hiking on the rocks!  Mommy did pretty good too...no worries, I didn't try to do any climbing, but we did have a nice walk!  The season pass cost us $15 and it is good for a whole calendar year!  We have a card & as long as Mike or I are in the vehicle, we can use it!  I originally thought that I would be able to take the boys sometimes when Mike was at work...HA!!!  There is no way I will be able to do that for a LONG time!  They are so busy up there.  Mike had to stay very close to them the whole time.  Absolutely not a great idea while I'm pregnant for sure, then when I have the baby....um...still not a good idea!  Oh well, we can still go very often!

Well, here are some pics from our day!  Enjoy...OH & come visit & you can join us on a picnic date to the mountain!

My guys!!
Justice!  
So strong!!!

My climbers!!!

Lunch time!!!


View on the way down!

The tunnel(s) there are 3 of them to drive through...THE BOYS LOVE THEM!!!

All of us...the best I could get! love these guys!!

2 comments:

  1. Aww, I love it. So cute. Sounds like something Brayden would say. Looked like you guys had a LOT of fun. And I totally agree with you on going to a place like that alone with the kids... I still have troubles going ANYWHERE with all 3 of mine... I just would rather wait til Jeff can come than go at all. I think the only place so far that I have gone is to the church (or technically driving to Scottsbluff)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have trouble going places with all 3 of mine too ... and it is the same issue because they like to wander off on their own too! I guess some things never change! :) Sounds like you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete