Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I WILL RISE

Kinda  having a rough day...trying to remain confident that someone else is in control of my life & I can trust Him. 


I HATE being pessimistic.  But lately those negative thoughts seem to be blaringly louder than anything else I hear.  It is so frustrating for this "glass half full girl" to not be able to deal with the negativity.  This is something I have never struggled with.  I am always the positive one, the encourager, the joyful one.  But for some reason, Satan is really getting to me lately.  He picks & prauds until I can't take anymore & I feel like I just want to scream,( but I don't cuss(rarely-anyway)) so I usually just end up in tears of frustration to get it all out!  After the tears have stopped, I compose myself & try to seek some encouragement!  Sometimes that is just by opening the Scripture & camping out in the Book of Psalms for awhile & sometimes it is finding just the right song to listen to..which usually leads me to Scripture. 


This song, I heard a couple of weeks ago & I LOVE IT!!! It was just what I needed to hear today(and lots of days, actually)




4 You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. (1 John 4:4)



14 This is why it is said:
   “Wake up, sleeper, 
   rise from the dead, 
   and Christ will shine on you.” (Ephesians 5:14)



Such great reminders :)



No comments:

Post a Comment