Sunday, March 7, 2010

SYMC Youth Ministry Conference

Last week we went to Chicago for Simply Youth Ministry Conference. I was looking forward to this trip. A much needed break from the everyday tasks of life, and as much as I love my sweet boys...I needed some rest from them also! We started off on Thursday & headed to Omaha! We did some shopping (I had b-day & Christmas money). I found some cute things...Mike however hit the jackpot @ JC Penney! He spent like $53.82 & then the cashier said "You save $232.94!" "WooHoo!" Mike replied....I was so jealous!
We spent the night at Bellevue Settle Inn...prophet's chamber! What an amazing ministry they provide to ministers! Such a blessing to have a relaxing first night away from home. We got up Friday morning & met up with Mike's Cousin Ryon & his wife Cheryl for the rest of our journey to Chicago. The travel day was long & we were tired once we got there...our room...very nice!




The conference was pretty good! We always learn alot! It was loads of fun! We spent the day in sessions & workshops. Then the evening sessions included fun stuff from the skit guys.
We (at least I did...Mike seemed to) also enjoyed Nicole C. Mullen concert & Toby Mac. It was so fun! All of these amazing people really made me feel so humbled & blessed by the way the showed their appreciation for what we in youth ministry do! So encouraging to hear their ministry stories & how thankful they are for youth workers!










This was a fun trip for Mike & I to just have time for us & to reflect on our ministry. We had some great brainstorming sessions & we are encouraged in the work we are doing in young peoples lives!
So...if you or your spouse are in ministry...find a conference to attend...its very encouraging time. It is refreshing for you personally & your ministry.

It was a great trip! A little long to be away from the boys...I was absolutely ready to go home!

No comments:

Post a Comment