Sunday, January 9, 2011

Snowy Day Recipe - Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies!!!

Ok...with a little encouragement from my hubby...I baked my favorite cookies today (as its snowing...you absolutely need coffee & cookies on  a day like today!)

So here is the magic recipe for the best Oatmeal cookies I've ever had!!

3/4 c. butter
1 egg
1/3 c. milk
1 1/4 c. brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla (I use the real stuff from Mexico..YUM)

3 c. quick oats (I have used old fashioned too)
1 c. flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda

Ok cookies makers....mix butter, sugar, egg, milk & vanilla

Mix dry ingredients....and to butter/sugar mixture. Stir in a whole bag of butterscotch chips...you can use chocolate chips, or do raisins & nuts too (if you like them that way)

Bake @ 375* for 10-12 minutes....grease pan....I use the medium sized pampered chef scoop & this recipe made 3 doz + 1 cookie!!

Enjoy!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds awesome! I think I'll go light a fire in the fireplace and make some cookies! Along with some hot chocolate and a good book.
    : )
    Thanks. You just made my day.

    Love you!!
    WHere were you this morning? I saw Mike sitting by himself.

    ReplyDelete