Sunday, April 25, 2010

City Wide Clean Up!!!

Oh city wide clean up...how my thriftiness (cheapness) LOVES YOU!!!!

OK for those of you not familiar with Norton, KS...let me explain! Twice a year our CITY hosts city wide clean up! Basically on my regular trash day, I can set out ANYTHING (within the guidelines) and they will come by & pick it up...up to like 2 trucks full! AMAZING huh?!?! So, that's one way to look at it...Here's how I normally see it! I go treasure hunting, dumpster diving, trash digging etc...or let's just say shopping! HA!! I don't dig through trash etc. I simply drive around town look for things if I see something I like I stop & pick it up. Mostly things like furniture or kids outside toys! The way I have to do it though is to "SHOP" before my actual pick up day....so in the event that someone threw something out because it was really JUNK (not just old to them) I can set it out on my curb & have it hauled away!! So anyway, I am always hoping to find something great! I probably should be more inclined to get rid of my own junk rather than shop in others, but sometimes I find really great things! I will let you know what I find!

No comments:

Post a Comment